Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Baby is 4

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday. She would say she's "this many"...which she's learned doesn't translate well over the phone. I know it's cliche, but I can't believe she's been a part of my life for four years (longer if you count from the moment I found out she existed). I've been praying little thankful prayers all day, thanking God for the opportunity to watch her grow, to feel her little arms around my neck each night before bed, to wash her curly hair, to work on her AWANA verses with her, and to talk to her about Jesus. I pray that He gives me the wisdom and strength to be the mom she deserves, the mom I was created to be. Sometimes I feel so exhausted by all the tasks that being a mom entails; it's good to stop and take a day to relish the accomplishment of four completed years. And I don't think I've screwed her up too badly yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment