Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

With the advent of a New Year, and a new job for B (read, major adjustment for me), I decided it was time to reinvent the routine around my house. I'm really good at keeping the house clean and organized (I follow the www.flylady.net philosophy), but have been letting a lot of other things slide as life has been a little topsy-turvy. A few goals to work towards:

*limiting the girls TV time to when they first get up in the morning, and right after nap
*a planned activity every weekday (library story-time, arts and crafts, imaginative play, outside...something intentional that the three of us do together)
*workbook time with Amelia on days she doesn't have speech or AWANA
*some sort of work-out most days of the week (even 20 minutes on DDR, it doesn't have to be an hour-long ordeal)
*take my vitamins every day
*drink more water (I got a few stainless steel water bottles I need to use more)
*spend more time with God
*plan and prepare healthier meals for my family, and be consistent about encouraging the girls to eat their vegetables

There are also some things I started last year that I'd really like to continue:

*cloth diapers...I love that I don't need to spend money on diapers, and that I'm not adding Adeline's "toxic waste" to landfills
*knitting...I've really enjoyed learning to knit this year. I knit a scarf, a cloth diaper cover, and pants for Adeline, and would like to get some more pants/shorts done by summer.
*reusable shopping bags
*Mr. J's Tackle (I started working for my dad's new lure company in September, and am excited to continue as the business grows. Now that B has a job, I'll be able to relax and enjoy it more, since it's no longer our sole source of employment.)
*couponing and saving money (When I started budgeting and couponing a year and a half ago, I was spending about $900/month on groceries and household items. Last month, I spent $120. Granted, we are on WIC now and no longer purchase diapers, but that's still an unbelievable difference!)

No comments:

Post a Comment