Tuesday, January 20, 2009

FLY through 2009

When Amelia was a baby, I found myself struggling to get into a working routine for taking care of her and the house without working myself to exhaustion. I did an online search for house-keeping and organizational tips, and found FLYlady. She has a website dedicated to helping people get into routines without succumbing to the bondage of perfectionism. FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself, and her routines help you do that by getting your home under control so you have time to play! Her website shows how to divide your home into Zones, concentrating on one zone a week. One day a week, you schedule a Home Blessing, which is a once-over through the whole house. She suggests you spend an hour doing this, working with 2 children underfoot it usually takes me 2, but that's the majority of my cleaning for the whole week. Then, once a day, she sends out an email mission for the zone of the week. Her motto is "You can do anything for 15 minutes" and that's all you should spend on that mission. She also recommends a load of laundry a day to keep from being buried under Mount Washmore, as well as establishing a few simple daily routines that maintain your clean home. And I could go on and on....I LOVE this website. If you'd like to learn more about Marla AKA Flylady, check out the article below or visit www.flylady.net

http://www.wow-womenonwriting.com/26-20questions-MarlaCilley.html

No comments:

Post a Comment