Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday's Truth

My truth this week...although I love being a mom I don't always like it. Today is one of those days. For some reason, rebellion has reared its ugly head in Amelia, and I feel like I have battling its nasty attitude for weeks, though I'm sure in truth it hasn't been that long. The ugly truth...it's now 5:00 and I've been trying to get Amelia to clean up her room from her time-out tantrum since 1:00. That's four hours! And right now she has taken advantage of my distraction on the computer to sneak down and get a snack. So the worst truth of all is that it is REALLY time for me to end this blog post and send her little bum back upstairs to finish the job she started four hours ago. So please pray for me faithful readers as I try to maintain my patience and my resolve. And I think tonight calls for some extra prayer time for my daughter's little spirit, that she would kick out the rebellion and replace it with peace and self-control.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I have been there! How old is Amelia? I have a 12 DD, that makes feel like I am talking to a wall sometimes! hang in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she's pretty persistent! Definitely sending you some good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete