Monday, March 23, 2009

Hornets and Wasps and Japanese Beetles Oh, My!

Every spring our home is invaded by wasps and hornets. Somehow they come into our attic stairwell,and one or two inevitably end up in a bedroom. They swarm around our home and garage, and become a general nuisance, not to mention a danger to my kids. Last year we finally gave up and sprayed a heavy duty chemical around the outside of the house, which somewhat took care of the problem. (and left piles of dead japanese beetles on my front porch) I finally got around to vacuuming the attic stairwell last week, and was quickly reminded of our nasty hornet problem. Even creepier, while watching my favorite show ("Bones") the other night with my hubby, I felt something crawling on my neck. Yep, a hornet. This was in the basement, a full three levels below the attic! So I am anxious to find a better solution to this problem. I'd love to try the Flying Insect Repellant from EcoSmart, and am doing my best to win one over at Shop Annie's.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for a great post and I feel your pain as it is that way at our house at well

    ReplyDelete