Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A "Wagie Ride" for Tuesday

It's amazing how easy it is to become caught up in someone else's life out in the blog world. I was bored tonight and clicking through links on the blogs I follow and came across the heartbreaking story of little Tuesday Whitt. You can find the full story here http://half12.blogspot.com/. Basically, Tuesday was an adorable little 2 year old diagnosed with cancer last year. She passed away on January 30th, leaving behind her parents, twin sister, and two brothers. Seeing the footage of her dancing with her sister really cut to my heart, because I also have an *almost* 2 year old, who adores dancing with her own sister, and I can't help but see my own child in Tuesday. And because when Amelia had her cleft palate surgery, we spent a day and a half on the pediatric floor, surrounded by families whose children were battling cancer. It's hard to feel sorry for yourself when you realize that while you're worried that your child might need speech therapy, or MAYBE a second surgery, other parents are worried that their child won't be here next month.

Join me (weather permitting in fickle MN) in participating this Saturday in A Wagie Ride for Tuesday. See the button on my sidebar. Take a moment with your children to enjoy a wagon, bike, or stroller ride. Pray for Tuesday's family. Be thankful for your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment