Friday, February 27, 2009

Experiencing Three

I haven't posted much this week because I've got an extra child! Friends of ours went away for a few days and decided we were trustworthy enough to watch their daughter while they are gone. So my kids have been enjoying having their friend Kelsey "sleep over". And I've been whipping around the house mediating arguments, cleaning up messes, intervening when punches start flying, and racking my brain for ideas to entertain three emotional youngsters under the age of 4. So if you have any ideas, please share them, because it's cold outside and they're getting cabin fever! So far we've done stickers, played outside in the snow, made homemade pizza, and while I was upstairs, the two older girls made themselves breakfast this morning so I guess that counts as an activity. By the way, their idea of breakfast was yogurt sandwiches (YUK!), apples, and granola bars.

1 comment:

  1. In my house, Tents are always a life saver..A few blankets, Pillows and the dining room chair to hold it down..Presto...They color in there, eat snacks..(hey, by this point, I would let them shower in there if they were quiet! LOL!)"Washing" dishes is always a hit to..I fill the sink with about 2 inches of water give them a few sponges and plastic cups...messy, but a nice break of the day.. HTH ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete