Sunday, July 12, 2009

Where Have I Been?

1) Praying about hosting a foreign exchange student this year, then making phone calls and filling out paperwork in order to qualify for said exchange student! The whole family is super-excited to hopefully welcome Sheila from Denmark into our home next month. Amelia keeps asking when she's coming, and asked me when we were at an auction on Saturday whether we were in the "country" where Sheila lived...because we were out in the country.



2) Supervising the painting of our house...our painters surely don't need supervision, but I'm not missing out on the opportunity for adult conversation for a few short weeks! We decided to paint our old "farmhouse" light blue with white trim, and I'm loving it so far.



3) Outside in the kiddie pool enjoying my girls and the sunshine and trying to keep cool with no air conditioning.



4) Biking! I finally got back on my bike after a ten year break following a serious biking accident in high school. B and I have enjoyed biking around the lake and to Dairy Queen, taking turns pulling the girls behind us.



5) Various road trips...little county fairs, auctions, etc...in the summer I just get the bug to go driving!



6) Gardening...we have a huge yard, which means huge weeds. I've spent a lot of time on my knees in the backyard lately, it's never-ending. We also tried a vegetable garden again this year, and it is growing out of control! I'm so excited to soon be picking the tomatoes, peppers, and squash that are ripening as we speak, but I think the girls are most excited about the carrots and onions.



In the midst of all that, I've not been online much, which means that my life is pleasantly full of more important things...I'll try to post a little more often, but we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment