Monday, December 29, 2008

Ahhh, sweet accomplishment...and other ramblings

So I'm finally feeling prepped for tomorrow's celebration...we're hosting my side's Christmas party tomorrow, and it'll be my first time preparing a holiday meal, so I'm a little nervous. But the ham is in the fridge, the potatoes are mashed, ingredients for casseroles are at the ready, ice in the freezer, punch bowl on the buffet....I think I'm as ready as I can be. I'm tired, but I feel good about everything I got done today, thanks to the help of my husband. He dutifully vacuumed the entire house this morning, stairs and all, and when I came down from putting Amelia to bed, was in the midst of peeling the 8 pounds of potatoes!!!! The things I'm going to miss when he finally gets a job....which hopefully will be soon.

Speaking of which, keep us in your prayers as we *patiently* wait to hear from the latest possibility, and are reeeeeaaaally hoping it will work out. It's hard to keep getting our hopes up only to have them dashed, so we're trying not to get too excited and get ahead of ourselves. Throughout the past few months of waiting and wondering, I've been on the lookout for verses emphasizing God's faithfulness and perfect will. My latest favorite:

Deuteronomy 32:4 (NIV) He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. (emphasis mine)

Even when it doesn't feel like it, He is faithful, his works are still perfect, and His plan is for my good. He never changes, even when my circumstances do. So no matter the outcome of this last interview, I rest my hope and future on His plan for my family...but it's still easier said than done. Off to bed now, up early in the morning to start the ham!

No comments:

Post a Comment