Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Addendum to Yesterday

So yesterday I blogged a little about trying to trust that God will provide in the midst of discouraging circumstances, i .e. prolonged unemployment. And today, during my family Christmas, my husband received a phone call offering that long-awaited job. Not only that, but the job is one of engineering's "dream jobs". I'm not making that up, this job was actually listed so in a magazine. We are psyched, and extremely thankful, not only for the job, but for God's provision in the meantime. He blessed us so richly with money in the bank from the sale of our house last winter, unexpected income, a flexible work-from-home job for me, (which I will continue), free emergency dental care (thank you Dr. Flor!), and incredibly discounted medical bills. Not to mention the relationships that have blossomed as we've felt the incredible support from both expected and surprising places. People that we don't even know have been praying us through this, and I'm both proud and humbled to say that as of January 12th, we'll have made it to the other side, and become a stronger husband-wife team in the process. The only down-side: I've gotten used to having a partner in parenting every day, all day. It will be an adjustment switching back into solo gear, and I'm sure those first days will feel pretty long! But all in all, I can't wait to start this New Year off right, with renewed hope and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment