Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sometimes they really do hear me...

There are sooo many days I feel like a failure as a mom, like I'm not teaching my girls enough, like nothing is getting through to them...but it seems that just when I'm getting really discouraged, God works in my children's hearts at just the right moment to lift my spirits.

I've been struggling to teach Amelia obedience lately. She so often has the attitude that she is in charge, and I get so tired of telling her something over and over, or fighting over every little thing I ask her to do....the other day I asked her to bring something upstairs for me. Her face started to get "that look" and I reminded her how important it is to God that she obey her mom. Her face changed and she said "Just a minute, mom." and disappeared around the corner. I was about to go after her when I heard her whisper "Jesus, please help me obey my mommy." She came bopping back around the corner with a huge grin on her face and did exactly what I asked her to do, with a cheerful heart!

If that's not proof that God exists, I don't know what is...

No comments:

Post a Comment