Thursday, June 11, 2009

Boldly Going Where Everyone Had Already Been

I am a huuuuuuuge Star Trek fan, have been since I was in elementary school and watched the classic reruns with my mom and my uncle. I have about 75-100 books based on the classic series, I've been to a convention, met Scottie and got his autograph, and have most of the original episodes, and all the movies, memorized. All that to say....I was the absolute last person in my family to actually see the new movie. I was hesitant at first because I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle the new actors playing my beloved characters, but was assured by my mom that they did a great job and that the movie was excellent. So I finally went yesterday afternoon with my mom....and I LOVED it! By the end of the movie, I was thoroughly convinced that I was truly watching a young Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Bones, etc...In fact, it's borderline supplanting X-Men as my all-time favorite movie. I'll have to give it a few more views to see if it stands the test of multiple watchings (my husband is skeptical that any movie will ever replace my coveted X-Men), but I highly recommend this movie. If you are a classic Trekkie, you will love the subtle mannerisms that so closely match the original cast. If you're not, you'll still love the special effects, action, and storyline.

1 comment: