Thursday, November 26, 2009

...with a grateful heart

"Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."
1 Chronicles 29:13

The girls and I did a project earlier in the week to focus on thankfulness...I had them each make a list using words and pictures of the things they are thankful for. Amelia's number one thing she was thankful for was Jesus! Every once in a while she says something that makes me think I'm doing an ok job at parenting her:) The rest of her list was: kitties, water, Spongebob *blush*, Mickey Mouse, and KaiLan. Adeline's consisted of three magazine pictures: waffles, a cat, and Mickey Mouse. If I were to do the same project, my list would include:
* my family...the last few months, while difficult, have created closeness on both sides
* our exchange student Sheila, who has truly become one of the family
* our home...while we haven't been able to do the remodels I originally considered essentials (due to B's job loss last year), I've found an ability to be content and joyful in my home just as is!
* good friendships, both old and new
* God's ability and promise to turn suffering and hardships into perserverance, character, and hope
* our ridiculous Suburban with it's missing knobs, wacky windshield wipers, and terrible gas mileage...without it we wouldn't be able to fit Sheila and her friends in our vehicle so I choose to be thankful for it, even when it drives me crazy
* my relationship with Christ...without which I couldn't make it through even one day

No comments:

Post a Comment